How to update Mobile Number in Aadhar Card online: Aadhar card is mandatory to avail many services of government and private sector and to authenticate various documents. Aadhar card is your identity, however instead you can use or have PAN card, election card or driving license. But in some places all you need is Aadhar card. To avail the online facilities related to Aadhaar, it is mandatory for you to register your mobile number with UIDAI. Your mobile number must also be registered with Aadhaar to use the mAadhaar app.
If you have not linked the mobile number with the Aadhaar card or want to update the new number, then you can get it updated by visiting the Aadhaar Enrollment Center. In this article, we will give complete information about how to change/update mobile number in Aadhar card online, so let’s see.
How to update mobile number in Aadhar Card
You can update mobile number by visiting your nearest Aadhar center. If you have lost your mobile number, got a new one or want to update it due to any reason. Follow these simple steps to know how to link or update mobile number with Aadhar card:
- Step 1: Visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Center.
- Step 2: Inform the center operator about the mobile number update.
- Step 3: Fill the Aadhaar Update Form.
- Step 4: Mention your mobile number in the form.
- Step 5: Submit the form to Aadhar Executive.
- Step 6: Now authenticate your details by providing your biometrics (Thumb Scan).
- Step 4: Pay the fee of Rs. 50
- Step 5: You will now be given an acknowledgment slip containing the Update Request Number (URN). URN number is used to check the status of aadhar card update.
- Step 6: Your mobile number will be updated in Aadhaar’s database within 90 days.
How to check Aadhar card mobile number linking status online
You can check online whether your mobile number is linked with Aadhar card or not. We have explained the complete process below.
- Visit the UIDAI website
- Click on “Verify an Aadhaar Number” listed under Aadhaar Services.
- Enter your Aaadhar Number and Captcha Code.
- Click on “Proceed and Verify Aadhaar” button.
- On the UIDAI website, click on “Verify Email/Mobile Number” under Aadhaar Services section.
- Select Verify Mobile Number
- Enter your Aadhaar Number, Mobile Number and Captcha Code.
- Click on “Send OTP” to check whether your mobile number is linked with Aadhar card.
Your mobile number must be linked with Aadhar card to use online services of the government. OTP is sent to your registered mobile number to avail the services. Once Aadhaar Number is linked, you can avail services like mAadhaar App, PAN Card Application (New/Reprint), Digital Locker, Aadhar Linking of Mutual Funds, UMANG App, Online EPF Claim and Withdrawal.
Check also: CSC Digital Seva services
The fee for Aadhaar update is Rs. 100 (if you are updating biometrics also) and Rs 50 (if only demographic details are being updated).
No, this service is currently not active. For linking mobile number you have to visit aadhaar center.
No, one Aadhar card can be linked with only one mobile number. You can update new the number though.